Thursday, April 28, 2011

Harry Potter Trailer

Yes.  Today the new trailer for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II came out.  So when my boss asks me why I was late today--this is why (actually it's because I accidentally clicked on the French version and couldn't stop because I just could not tear myself away from the trailer and then I debated about whether or not I had time to watch the English version for so long that I was already late.  Either way, it's Harry's fault.)

Watch.  Then read my comments.

Do it.

Now.

 Now dry your eyes and breathe :)

SPOILER ALERT DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE BOOK 
***
**
***
**
***
**
***
I'm slightly worried that they gave a little bit too much with one of the deaths.  They very clearly show that it is a Weasley and to me, that was wayyyy too much to give away.
But other than that....loved it.
It seems to show a lot of Snape and Snape's story and to a Snape fan like me...that is freakin awesome.  Snape's story needs to be shown.  It answers so much and gives so much wonderful depth to our beloved Snape.  

Also, it appears that they vamp up the final showdown between Voldemort and Harry and this is obviously a diversion from the book.  However it makes sense.  The final showdown is packed full of wonderful dialogue and some great Harry quotes...but for a movie it wouldn't work as well.  So kudos to them for not being afraid to change something.  yea. I said it.

I'm also really glad they let Ron talk in the preview.  

July 13. :D


No comments:

Post a Comment