Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Wedding Cupcake.

Ahh...as I fought back the urge to sleep while sitting at the airport stoplight after dropping off the newlyweds at the lovely hour of 4:30ish AM, I smiled.

I am beyond happy for these two.


And I want to tell both Paige and Brian thank you for trusting me with your wedding cakes.  I know the importance of the wedding cake and I was beyond nervous at first but after months and months of testing new recipes, developing my own buttercream and frosting, designing and redesigning the cake, and numerous visits to AC Moore and Michaels...I finally found myself in a powdered sugar covered kitchen triumphantly with my creations. 


The tasting of three different white cupcake flavors
The flavors they decided on were Chocolate Fudge and Vanilla Almond Champagne for the cupcakes and then Strawberry with Italian buttercream for their wedding cake. 
All together this was one the most fun I've ever had on a random project...so enjoyable in fact that it has set my mind in a totally different direction career and life goal wise than it was before.  (Thus The Cupcake Pub)


The final product was 100 cupcakes and one 6-inch 3 layer cake covered in fondant.  And my perfectionist side of course kicked in as Ashley and my mother watched me inspect every single cupcake as we packed them into bakery boxes.  The perfectionism really showed the night before the wedding when I stopped piping the cake and ripped off the fondant because I felt (and knew) I could do better than what I had done.  So after making a fresh new batch of fondant I turned up my Eminem playlist as loud as possible and went back to work.  And it turned out perfectly :)

The amazing couple with their cakes
And if you're wondering if they shoved it in each other faces....


They did.

So to the lovely couple, I raise my buttercream icing bag to you.



To see all the cupcake pictures click here

No comments:

Post a Comment