Saturday, June 25, 2011

cucpakes!

It was pointed out to me that as a cupcake girl, I have a surprisingly large lack of cupcake posts.  So from here on out I will blog about my cupcake adventures!!! Beginning with this little number:






Margarita Mary.  yes.  with tequila. (tequila lime cake w/ tequila lime buttercream)

I make this cupcake with or without tequila...but I must admit, the tequila lime buttercream is quite absurdly the best buttercream I've ever made or tasted.  I love lime frosting--it's sweet and tangy: the perfect combination.  But add that with tequila? It graduates to a league all it's own.  The sweet, tangy, lime buttercream becomes enriched with this small wave of pleasure.  The tequila isn't so strong that it will make you grimace but is just strong enough to remind you why you like frozen margaritas in the first place.  I'm itching to get a free Saturday to try every single tequila buttercream combo possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment