Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Nook or the Kindle?

I've spent a good deal of time in the past couple of weeks researching this very important question: Which one should I buy?  The Nook or the Kindle??  What I learned was this: there is no clear answer to this question.  Both come with great features and lack in other features....in reality if they combined the e-readers together it would be an almost perfect product.

Almost.  But not quite perfect. 

So I reached my decision.  Which e-reader will I buy?  Neither. Because in the end with all the cool stuff that a Nook or Kindle can do--it still isn't as cool as a book is. 

Can I build my own little book nook in my library with a Nook? No.  Can I flip the pages of a new book against my thumb on a Kindle? No.  Does a Nook come with that new book smell?  No. Does a Kindle display the type of elegance a stack of books does? No.

I don't care that carrying around a book in purse is a hassle.   I like it that way.  So to those people out there that say the e-reader is the new library and is an improvement to the world of literature:  I will not conform. 

No comments:

Post a Comment