Friday, July 15, 2011

HP and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 *SPOILERS*

I am unbelievably excited and stoked about this movie.  I've been reading these books since the first one came out and my life hasn't been the same since.  Reading and involving yourself in a series for 12 years is huge--at the age of 24, that's over half my life.  So these characters have become like family, I know them inside and out.  So as I prepared myself for the final installment of the movies here is a list of the top five things I was most looking forward to seeing on screen:

(this was a hard list to write.  I want to see everything and my excitement is borderline uncontainable)
THIS LIST CONTAINS MASSIVE SPOILERS!!! DO NO READ UNLESS YOU'VE READ THE BOOKS!!!!

5. Hermione as Bellatrix-just because :)




 
***SPOILER*** 
4. Ron and Hermione's kiss--this kiss was moved to a different location than in the book-and it worked better.



3. Neville Longbottom.  Anything Neville. The latter part of the book becomes Neville's time to shine.  His character was always one to be laughed at most of the time due to his constant clumsiness and inability to really show his bravery.  But as the series progressed Neville became more and more comfortable with himself...and when the trio return to Hogwarts he has taken the reigns in heading up the Hogwarts riot against Voldemort and Snape.  He is brave and strong and the movies don't skip any part of that.  He steals almost every scene he is in and makes you root for him with all your might.


***SPOILER***
2.  Harry facing death with his head held high.  This one of the most torturous chapters in the books for me to read.  My heart pumped alongside Harry's and I wept.  The movie has no way at all to even come close to reaching the bar set by this scene in the books--but they tried their hardest and I still enjoyed it.  There are some things in books that no movie will ever be able to achieve.


 
1. Snape.  Oh my dearly loved Severus Snape.  I have maintained a vow of faithfulness to Snape since day one.  Yes--he has made me angry many times...but I've always believed he was good (just a bit mean and cheeky).  Learning his back story was a highlight of the series for me and I had high expectations for that scene in the movie.---I was not disappointed.  True, they left out some things but they did a wonderful job at showing Snape's true colors and it was beautifully done.  His death was gruesome and hard to watch but his final words were wonderful.   It was the highlight of the movie.  To my dear Snape:  I love you.

Surprising Scene: 
I've never been crazy about the Gringotts scene...no reason-just didn't care for it all that much.  It was one of my top five favorites in the movie.  Kudos.

I loved the movie, I liked Part 1 better but I'm probably in the minority.  Every second of this movie left me on the edge of my seat and crying for a good half of it. 

This will not be my last Harry Potter post.  I read the first book 12 years ago--these characters will always be a part of me.

We went and saw this movie at 2:45 AM...what happens when you are awake at that time?  You get faces like this:

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could have watched you watch the movie. :)

    ReplyDelete