Sunday, November 20, 2011

The Sidekick.

"No! No! No! Noooo-! This isn't about you.  Why does every conversation we have always have to turn into Potter talk?"
"It isn't Potter talk--"
"No! No! I'm miserable!  And all you can do is talk about yourself.  You're like the most self absorbed guy I know!  But if you were miserable I'd be there for you but you won't even listen to me and I'm sick of it.  So, so...good luck with whatever you were talking about and I hope that you and Voldemort live happily ever after.  Me?  I am never gonna be happy again.  So I'm just gonna go curl up in my sock drawer and sleep for days."  (from A Very Potter Musical)

Do you ever have moments where you feel like the sidekick in your own life?
Or do you know people who seem to stare at you blankly while you're talking, just waiting for their opportunity to talk again?  Or those people who seem to always wanna talk about what's going on with them and never ask about you?  Or when they do ask they always find a way to make it about them again--or just dismiss your response while they continue on about themselves?  I know several people like this--I'm sure everyone is like this sometimes but for some it just seems to be who they are. And it's fine.  It's just that after you spend so much time with someone like this you start to forget that you have a life to.  You aren't the sidekick in your own life despite how they constantly make you feel.

Take charge.  And remember that you are the star of your own life--not them.
Also remember that Frodo was awful and should have died. 

No comments:

Post a Comment