But even stranger is what I was doing while this happened. I was complaining to God. I had begun by praying for a friend of mine, wishing her patience for God's timing in her life. Then I went on a rant about how I wasn't married yet. How I was ready and I didn't understand why God was making me wait--can't he see how badly I want this in my life? How I need my life to move in that direction.
That's when I hit the gas pedal and didn't go anywhere. I've never absentmindedly put my car in park like that before. Never. It's not coincidence that it happened when I was questioning God's timing. He was telling me to wait. Forcing me to wait.
It's impossible to see things from God's perspective. The past three weeks have left my family with a lot to think about regarding God's will in our lives. And why he lets things happen so slowly...or with my uncle's passing--way too soon and quick.
As frustrating as it is for me to wait patiently for my husband I need to remember that God's timing is perfect. Maybe if my car hadn't been in park I would have been in an accident--waiting those few seconds spared me some sort of pain and gave me safe passage. These years of waiting for the one God has chosen for me is preparing the way for a beautiful ride.
On a related note---I heard this song the radio and it touched my heart and made me think of my aunt and uncle.
No comments:
Post a Comment