Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Duck Was Rescued.

Today I began a new job.  And saved a baby duck.  And I have almost completely cut ties with the other lease holder.

Today was a great day.

But the coolest part of today was definitely the baby duck.  While walking during lunch with a coworker we watched as a baby duck rushed across the busy street and was almost slammed with a car--but thankfully the car hit the brakes and barely missed it (possibly from my co-worker and I's frantic arm waving).  Once the car moved around the little duck, he then sat down right in the middle of the street. I then rushed across the street and scooped up the little ducky and returned him to the lake.

I've often wanted to be scooped up during my perils in life and returned to safety.  I thought about this today when I realized that I have been scooped up and saved in the nick of time.  At the hands of "friends," death, debt, and depression I have gotten to the point where I just sat down in the middle of it with the thought of "meh. no point."  And it's then that God sends angels in the form of friends, life, new opportunities, and true happiness.  So today, as I sat and listened to all the new job training and felt slightly overwhelmed, I thought about how these past several months have been on the up and up and the changes I'm facing-- I smiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment