Friday, May 6, 2011

Packing Up

I have bags and bags and bags of stuff I've thrown away and clothes I'm donating....and yet I still have more stuff to shove in my car than I know what to do with.  But here was my favorite moment of packing:




Books.  It was also the most time consuming thing to pack because I paused to read a little bit from each of them.  It saddens me to think that reading and literacy are being lost on the new generation.  Spelling and grammar is quickly declining and it's downright sad.  I know people in their early twenties who have no idea that friends is not spelled freinds, or the silverware is not spelled silverwhere, or that jealousy is not spelled jelosy.  I wish I was exaggerating.  Sadly I am not.

 

1 comment:

  1. I agree. I find it very sad when people say, "I don't read", or spell things incorrectly. And here I am, trying to be a writer... ah well.

    This post should have ended with a "The More You Know" banner. Just sayin'. ;)

    ReplyDelete