Thursday, March 24, 2011

I Need A Doctor. Or a Home Slice.

I heard this song for the first time driving to kickboxing earlier this week.  If you know me at all you should already know that I'm in love with Eminem.  I have an unbelievable amount of respect and admiration for him.  So of course when I heard his voice on the radio I immediately rolled down my windows and turned the volume up.  Several seconds later I quickly rolled my windows back up when I realized that I had a tear in my eye.  (Well that's a lie. I'm just trying to sound tough.  There were at least three tears...)

As the song ended I found myself sitting in the Tae Kwon Do parking lot sobbing into my workout T-shirt.  (Well I guess there goes my street cred...I'll just throw a recyclable can away in the trash can instead of the recycle bin tomorrow.  That's right.  Don's mess with me.)

I often get emotional during songs that touch my heart (Not Ke$ha.  Please don't taunt me.)  And Eminem's recent album has had a hand on my heart strings from the moment I heard him break out these lyrics: 
And I just can't keep living this way
So starting today, I'm breaking out of this cage
I'm standing up, Imma face my demons
I'm manning up, Imma hold my ground
I've had enough, now I'm so fed up
Time to put my life back together right now

 But back to the subject matter.  My insane lapse of emotional control.  Dr. Dre's I Need A Doctor with Skylar Grey and Eminem is amazing.  The beat is phenomenal but the lyrics play to my heart strings something crazy.  Eminem's pleas to Dr. Dre, and Skylar's chorus, echo my own silent pleas to the Dr. Dre in my life.  But without anymore of my incessant rambling: 
*WARNING* Explicit Lyrics



To clear the record.  I quickly cleaned my face before I walked into kickboxing and kicked off my shoes and put my boxing gloves on.  No one ever knew.  

Well I guess until now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment