Thursday, March 17, 2011

NCAA...Go Duke!

Today is Saint Patrick's Day.  So I should write something about this day or post a cute picture to go along with it...

...like this
Found on http://stuff.icanhascheezburger.com/

That's cute right? It's a shamrock in the middle of the cake.  Or the black plague.  Take your pick :)

But the celebration of St. Patrick's Day is inconsequential at the moment.  Why?

Because today is the start of the NCAA Tournament!  (Technically it started earlier this week...but for my fellow people who are playing the bracket game-it started today.)

So far (6pm on 3/17) I've only lost one game out of six...but this has been a nail biter tournament.  Almost every game has been neck and neck and the lower rank teams have been giving everyone a run for their money.

Earlier Morehead St., ranked 13, beat Louisville, ranked 4, and as I write Richmond, ranked 12, and Vanderbilt, ranked 5, have only 3:32 left and the Spiders are beating Vandy by one point.

So instead of recognizing St. Patrick's Day, I'm toasting my green beer to everyone out there with their bracket folded in their back pocket while they check the scores every five seconds cursing under the breaths.  This tournament will be one for the books.

18 second left in the Vandy/Richmond game....and Richmond just sunk their game winner.  And my bracket took a serious hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment