I'm only three days in but the biggest change so far is the fact that I have to fix every meal. I usually eat frozen meals for lunch and either a turkey sandwich or some concoction with grocery store chicken each night. I'm needing to force myself to prepare lunch for work the night before because I'm already scrambling around in order to make it there as it is.
That small complaint aside I feel great. I'm pretty sure I'm eating more food but I feel better, more energetic. I've consumed more vegetables in the past three days than I usually do in a month.
I made my first meat free sandwich (besides grilled cheese...but hey I put bacon on a grilled cheese if I can (-: )
Avocado, cabbage, and alfalfa sprouts on wheat. It was fantastic. And so far my favorite veggie meal I've made. Crunchy and creamy and just plain delicious.
I tried my hand at veggie fried brown rice but I didn't think it was all that great--Ashley and my aunt liked it but I thought it was missing something. I'll have to try it out again. I did make a macho Quesadilla though stuffed with veggies.
Black beans, diced tomatoes, alfalfa sprouts, avocado, Frank's sweet and spicy sauce, on a spinach wrap. This thing was monstrous. In retrospect I should have patted the black beans and diced tomatoes with a paper towel first---but it was still awesome.
And let's not forget the good stand by:
Tonight's meal? Chex cereal with almond milk followed by wine---cause I eat like a king.



No comments:
Post a Comment